The fiercely balanced policy statement
We will never sell, barter, or rent your personal data to any unauthorized third party.
Information collected and how it is used
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using Fiercely Balanced.
Name and email address, for newsletters sent via Mailchimp.
When you sign up to receive a freebie on Fiercely Balanced you give your consent to
receive periodic newsletters relevant to the content you see on this
website. The content of these emails may include product and service
promotions, along with content we deem appropriate to send you.
Name, email address when any of the contact forms are used.
If you use any of the contact forms here to send
a message, your name and email address are stored and further used to send you
replies. Other than to respond to your inquiry made via the contact forms,
these pieces of information are not used for any further purposes.
who has access to the data we collect?
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers fiercelybalanced.com newsletters.
All of the newsletters or emails that are sent to you by fiercelybalanced.com include an unsubscribe link. You can remove yourself at any time from our newsletters or mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
- Mailchimp — https://mailchimp.com/about/security/ (Email newsletter/marketing software)
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Personal data may be retained for as short as a period of one year or as long as an indefinite period of time. If you are concerned about data retention and wish to make sure you want your information removed, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
Other Services That May Track Your Data
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950.
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.